“The sea lies at the heart of the majority of my activities, as much for work as for pleasure. I’m very sensitive to the marine environment”.
Martin Gavériaux : a determined man
Sailing on the previous odyssey in 2015, Martin loves innovation and performance. “Even though the vessel is clearly not as quick as the MOD70, her performance is energetic in a different way”.
After 16 years of top-level competition in the windsurfing domain, including several French champion titles and 3 years in the offshore racing environment as R&D/Performance engineer aboard racing trimarans, he signed up with Race for Water for the protection of the oceans. “The sea lies at the heart of the majority of my activities, as much for work as for pleasure. I’m very sensitive to the marine environment”.
Motivated by technological challenges, he views the vessel and her hydrogen – solar – kite energies as the development and optimisation of a concrete model that will help to shine a spotlight on technologies of the future. “Our boat is an interesting platform. She has several sources of power based on tomorrow’s energies: it is time to take action in favour of energy transition”.
Martin in brief:
- 7 November 1984: Born in Yeovil (GB)
- 2002: French Youth Windsurfing Champion
- 2009: Engineering degree (Mechanics & Automatics – INSA Rennes)
- 2014: Channel Crossing on a windsurfer (Plymouth-Roscoff)
- 2015: 1st Race for Water Odyssey – Situational analysis of the plastic pollution in our oceans